Transferring from Govt Project visa to Private Visa

This news has been read 46835 times!

Hi! I came to Kuwait on Govt project visa in 2010, transferred to different Govt project locally and working with my current sponsor from May 2019 with Govt project visa. I’m university degree holder with KSE membership. Now I got opportunity in a private firm. Is there any possibility to get transfer locally? If not, will there be any legal issues if I exit Kuwait and re-enter on new visa?

Name withheld

Answer: Under current and other decisions on the subject, a number of possibilities are open to you. You can transfer to another Government project of the same sponsor, or another Government project of a different sponsor if the current project has been completed or to the general file of the current sponsor.

Under the above arrangements fees ranging from KD 200-KD 350 are charged to effect such transfers.

Coming back to your specific question, the only way you can find yourself in the private sector is to have your project visa transferred to the private file of your current sponsor.

This would then mean you could ultimately land, if the sponsor has no objection, in a private sector company. In short it is not possible for you to transfer directly to the private sector as envisaged by you. On the other hand, if you satisfy all the conditions precedent before exiting Kuwait and conditions subsequent after exitting the country, you will not face any legal issues upon re-entry

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to [email protected] or [email protected]

This news has been read 46835 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights