KUWAIT CITY, Nov 1: Personnel from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have arrested the suspect who had broken into the Smartphone shop in Mangaf and escaped with 13,000 dinars and a number of Smartphones, reports Al-Anba daily. The daily added, the theft had occurred last week and following the arrest of the suspect, who is believed to be a Kuwaiti, the man confessed to the charge after he was confronted with the CCTV footage which documented the theft.
The case was referred to the Ahmadi Security Directorate and during interrogations the suspect said he spent 800 dinars on lavish things. The man was ambushed in Fahaheel area and seized from the backyard of his house, where he was holed up after learning that the security authorities were looking for him. He told the securitymen, he planned the theft for several days and after the theft managed to leave the complex through one of the windows.