------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Monday , September 26 2022

Release and unpaid salary

This post has been read 13139 times!

I am an electrical engineer working in Kuwait for the past two years. In January 2019, I transferred to another company but I haven’t received salary since last October, although they have promised to pay. I’ve officially filed for resignation but the company is asking for money before signing the release paper, so I decided to file a case against the company for my three months unpaid salary but I am hesitating, because I didn’t complete one year with them. Kindly advise on what to do.

Name withheld

Answer: If you hold a university degree you need not work for the company for one year before you can ask for a release because you were locally hired. In this case you are qualified to ask for a release at any point in time. On the other hand if you don’t possess a degree, the law enjoins you to work for one year for the sponsor before you can ask for a release. As for filing a case against the company for non-payment of salary for three months, we advise that you go ahead and do that if you are convinced that they don’t intend to pay. You worked for the three months which the company is obliged to pay you for.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

7 Kuwaitis sent to prison for ‘stealing’ salaries

This post has been read 13140 times! KUWAIT CITY, Jan 17: The Criminal Department of …