------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Municipality eyes enforcement amid COVID wave

This post has been read 48985 times!

KUWAIT CITY, Jan 4, (Agencies): Kuwait Municipality Director General Ahmad Al-Manfouhi on Tuesday issued a resolution banning the holding of gatherings in enclosed places effective Sunday in line with the Cabinet resolution in this respect. The municipality affirmed in a statement that the holding of weddings in tents and hotels has been barred. The banning is applied to gatherings at condolence halls at cemeteries, it said, reaffirming that the precautions against the coronavirus must be observed at commercial stores, re-affirming that peoples are prohibited from all forms of gatherings.

Kuwait Municipality Director General Ahmad Al-Manfouhi

Kuwait on Tuesday said 1,482 more people tested positive for COVID-19 over the past 24 hours, taking the country’s caseload to 420,796, health ministry data showed. Some 201 more people recovered from the virus to up the number of those to have overcome the disease to 412,274. according to ministry spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad, adding that the recovery to positive case ratio stands at 98 percent. The death toll from the pandemic remained unchanged at 2,468, while 38 people are hospitalized with the virus, nine of whom need intensive care, he told KUNA. Some 22,159 swab tests were conducted over the last day, out of a total of 6,047,491 so far, added the spokesman.

Plans
There are no plans to return to the pre-pandemic era despite the increase in the number of infections, reports Al-Qabas daily. The government sources stressed so far there are no other decisions than the decisions that have already been taken, nonetheless, there is follow-up and recommendations will be submitted by the Corona Emergencies Committee of the Council of Ministers on a weekly basis on the prevailing situation calling the health situation in the country still stable. The sources told the daily the concerned authorities will ensure strict application of the health protocols and vital places will be under the watchful eyes – especially closed places such as commercial complexes, cinemas, restaurants, means of transportation, mosques and hotels, saying emphasis will be on those who are not vaccinated, those not wearing face masks and monitoring gathering places. The sources said the Council of Ministers has stressed on the necessity for the owners of facilities to ensure visitors respect the health rules and regulations.

Decisions
Regarding the fans’ attendance of the matches, the sources confirmed that the decisions of the Council of Ministers today do not include them, as they are held in open places, unlike weddings and events. The Ministry of Health has requested for direct contracting with the American company Pfizer to procure Corona vaccine for children – 200,000 doses at a cost of $6 million (KD1.8 million) or $30 per dose – to push for the vaccination of children who are five to 11 years old, reports Al- Anba daily. Sources affirmed that the Central Agency for Public Tenders (CAPT) approved the ministry’s request. The Directorate-General of Civil Aviation said instructions have been given to all airlines operating at the Kuwait International Airport not to allow passengers to board the plane without the PCR test certificate, as of today, Tuesday, Jan 4, 2022, reports Al- Rai daily. The PCR certificate should have been taken not earlier than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight.

Check Also

‘Covid-19 can cause hepatitis C’ – Children most affected

This post has been read 48986 times! KUWAIT CITY, May 16: Despite the decline in …