Man shot at ex, killed ‘parents’, found dead – Maryland shooting kills 3

This news has been read 8518 times!

Police arrive after a deadly shooting at Bellingham Retirement Community on East Boot Road in East Goshen Township, Pa, on Sept 19. Authorities are searching for a man who they say shot at his ex-wife and then killed his parents, William and Nancy Rogal, both in their late 80s, at the retirement center. Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan says authorities are looking for 59-year-old Bruce Rogal of Glenmoore. (AP)

EAST GOSHEN TOWNSHIP, Pa, Sept 20, (Agencies): A gunman authorities say shot at his exwife and then killed his parents in Pennsylvania has been found dead. Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said during a media briefing early Thursday that 59-yearold Bruce Rogal was dead after a manhunt and a police chase. Few other details are available. Hogan had said Wednesday that Rogal, of Glenmoore, received an order finalizing a divorce that awarded their home to his ex-wife and “that appears to be what set him off.”

Hogan says Rogal first went to the house where his ex-wife was staying, shot at her and missed. He then drove to a retirement center in East Goshen Township and killed his parents, William and Nancy, both in their late 80s, and then fled.

Meanwhile, three people were killed Thursday morning in a shooting in northeast Maryland, according to a law enforcement official. The law enforcement official had knowledge of the shooting but wasn’t authorized to discuss details by name and spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press. The official stressed that the number is based on preliminary information. The FBI described it as an “active shooter situation” and said its Baltimore field office was assisting.

The Harford County Sheriff’s Office tweeted that the shooting involved “multiple victims” and warned that the situation was still fluid and asked people to avoid the area. In a tweet, Maryland Gov Larry Hogan said his office is monitoring the situation in Aberdeen and that the state stands ready to offer any support. In another development, three civilians wounded when a gunman opened fire outside a crowded Pennsylvania courtroom are out of the hospital.

The three were taken to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, West Virginia, following Wednesday’s shooting in Fayette County. A hospital spokeswoman said Thursday morning that the two men ages 35 and 47 and a 39-year-old woman were all released Wednesday night. Sixty-one-year-old Patrick Dowdell, of Masontown, was shot and killed by a German Township police officer.

Another officer who was wounded, Masontown police Sgt R. Scott Miller, was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Fayette County authorities say Dowdell entered the lobby in Masontown with a handgun drawn and opened fire. He had been due in court on charges related to domestic violence. In another incident authorities said they still don’t know why an employee at a Wisconsin software company went to his office with a pistol and extra ammunition and began firing on his colleagues, seriously injuring several, before he was fatally shot by police.

Middleton Police Chief Chuck Foulke said the shooting happened Wednesday morning at WTS Paradigm. Officers were alerted to an active-shooter situation at 10:26 am and arrived to find a man armed with a semi-automatic pistol and extra ammunition. The man fired at officers before he was shot, and he later died at a Madison hospital. Foulke said four officers fired their weapons within eight minutes of getting the call, preventing more bloodshed. “I think a lot less people were injured or killed because police officers went in and neutralized the shooter,” Foulke said. Foulke released few details about the suspect: that he was an employee of WTS Paradigm and lived in nearby Madison.

The chief said he didn’t know if victims were targeted, adding that investigators were following all leads. “We have reason to believe the suspect was heavily armed with a lot of extra ammunition, a lot of extra magazines,” Foulke said.

Judy Lahmers, a business analyst at WTS Paradigm, said she was working at her desk when she heard what sounded “like somebody was dropping boards on the ground, really loud.” Lahmers said she ran out of the building and hid behind a car. She said the building’s glass entrance door was shattered. “I’m not looking back, I’m running as fast as I can. You just wonder, ‘Do you hide or do you run?’” she told The Associated Press. She said she knew one co-worker had been grazed by a bullet but was OK.

She didn’t have any other information about the shooting but said it was “totally unexpected. We’re all software people. We have a good group.” WTS Paradigm Marketing Manager Ryan Mayrand said in a statement Wednesday evening that the company was “shocked and heartbroken” and was working to set up counseling for workers. He asked the media to respect the privacy of the workers, particularly those who were among the victims. University Hospital in Madison confirmed Wednesday evening that it was still treating three victims from the shooting, saying one was in critical condition and two were in serious condition.

Police conducted a secondary search of the office building after the shooting to ensure there were no more victims or suspects – and officers discovered some people still hiding in the building, which also houses Esker Software. Gabe Geib, a customer advocate at Esker Software, said he was working at his desk when he heard what “sounded like claps.” He said he then saw people running away from the building at “full sprint.” “We knew at that point that something was going down. A ton of people were running across the street right in front of us,” he said.

Geib said he and his colleagues were still huddled in their cafeteria, away from windows, more than an hour after the shooting. Jeff Greene, who also works at Esker, said police told those gathered in the cafeteria to go to a nearby hotel to make a statement about what they saw. Three yellow school buses full of more than 100 people, including witnesses, were unloaded at a hotel about 5 miles (8 kms) from the office building. Some people hugged as they were reunited with loved ones. Others stopped to pet a dog that had been brought by someone picking up a worker.

This news has been read 8518 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights