Hired locally after 1 yr can seek release for non graduates – Graduates can quit any point of time

This news has been read 28440 times!

I came to Kuwait three and half years ago, after 3 years I got release and started working in a company for the last 6 months, now I have got a better offer and the present company is ready to release me. I am not a graduate, my question is, will I be able to transfer my residence to the new company before 1 year? If not possible, what is an alternative. My present employer is ready for that I work in the new company anytime.

Name withheld

Answer: The Labour Law says that if you are hired locally you have to work one year for your sponsor before you can ask for a release if you don’t possess a university degree.

If on the other hand you are a university graduate you can quit at any point in time provided you give the sponsor the mandatory three month notice of your intention to quit. Specifically answering your question if your current sponsor is willing to let you go before the expiry of one year, then fifty percent of your problem is solved. The remaining fifty percent will have to do with the officials at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour who will determine whether to go along with your sponsor or to maintain that you have to work for one year as a non-degree holder before you ask for a release.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to [email protected] or [email protected]

This news has been read 28440 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights