------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Monday , September 27 2021

Changing of dependent visa to work visa immediately

I have a query regarding my dependent visa. I am planning to migrate to Kuwait by this month end as a dependent. I have completed Bachelor of Engineering and I have 4.5 years of experience in IT field. I am planning to continue my job in Kuwait but I’m coming on dependent visa. Is there any possibility to change from dependent visa to work visa immediately or how long will it take to change and what are the rules to change visa types. Please let me know.

Name withheld

Answer: Since you are a holder of a university degree you can change dependent visa (Visa 22) to work visa (Visa 22) if and when you land a job in the private sector. If you didn’t have a university degree you would have had to have stayed in Kuwait for at least one year before being eligible to transfer your visa.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

‘Let me sponsor my husband’

KUWAIT CITY, Aug 9: An unidentified Egyptian woman has appealed to the Deputy Prime Minister …

Translate »