Central Prison incident was planned

This news has been read 15573 times!

KUWAIT CITY, June 4: According to informed security sources from the Central Prison, the suspension of some leaders of the Ministry of Interior within 24 hours of the incident at the Central Prison prior to the start of the work of the committee to investigate the recent prison incident was a plot hatched by several prisoners to cause rampage, reports Aljarida daily. This was revealed in the report submitted by the committee within a record time of less than 16 hours, followed by the referral of the case to the Public Prosecution. The report highlighted that the fire of this conspiracy was being fueled by some who are at the forefront of the electoral campaigns. They took advantage of those platforms to denounce the ministry and terrorize it, taking advantage of the electoral atmosphere and the ministry’s entry into the stage of maximum preparation for the polls next Tuesday.

The committee’s speedy completion of the investigation into the events raised a number of questions, along with the decisions taken, prior to the committee starting its work, to suspend the Assistant Undersecretary for Correctional Institutions and Special Security Forces Affairs Major General Abdullah Saffah, and to relieve the Director General of the General Administration of Correctional Institutions Brigadier General Fahad Al-Obaid from his position and transfer him to the ministry’s office, in addition to transfering Brigadier Adnan Murad, Brigadier Yousef Al-Otaibi and Brigadier Khaled Al- Qallaf to alternate operations positions as well as the transfer of Brigadier General Walid Al-Ali from the deportation prison to the Department of Execution of Sentences.

The leaders had been planned “election” targets from the time the chaos broke out. The sources explained that the incident began with the prisoners passing false information about the entry of a large shipment of drugs into ward No. 4 through coordination between a former prisoner, who was released in the last amnesty, and a prisoner, identified as M.K., who was accused of smuggling narcotics and was sentenced to life imprisonment, as well as another prisoner, identified as H.H., who was sentenced to life imprisonment in a murder case.

The pre-prepared scenario began when Special Forces officers went to search the cells at 3:00am to make sure there were no narcotic substances. When the officers asked the prisoners to move to the headquarter’s yard for a body search and to search the cells in their absence, they were surprised when one of the above mentioned two prisoners started screaming, and trying to clash with the officers. He then ordered the other prisoners to go on a rampage, scream and clash with the security officers. The prisoners began throwing shoes and other items from their cells at the officers, screaming, and trying to get out of the cells. One of them hid on the second floor and filmed everything using a mobile phone that was in his possession. Eventually, the Special Forces officers managed to control the situation

This news has been read 15573 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights