90% attendance rate in govt sector after Eid holidays

This news has been read 14445 times!

KUWAIT CITY, May 9: After the nine-day Eid al-Fitr holidays, the usual official working hours in the ministries, government agencies, and the schools of the Ministry of Education have resumed, with commitment from the employees to observe an attendance rate of about 90 percent and deal with the large number of clients who visited these offices to complete their transactions, reports Aljarida daily.

Employees working at ministries

The roads witnessed congestion and traffic jams on the first working day after the Eid holidays. The Ministry of Interior was prepared to deal with the situation by organizing traffic to facilitate traffic operations, especially during the peak hours.

Also, the work shifts in various sectors of the Ministry of Electricity and Water were organized, following the Eid holidays. Employees returned to their work, observing an attendance rate of nearly 90 percent, while the remaining 10 percent were on official holiday.

According to informed sources from the ministry, the past period witnessed an expansion in the installation of fingerprint attendance systems in many of the external departments affiliated with the ministry. They were linked with the attendance systems that were being used.

The ministry witnessed a huge turnout of visitors in all departments, especially in the customer service department.

As for the Ministry of Public Works, it witnessed a high attendance rate of employees who worked 8:00am. The ministry received its clients without any obstacles.

According to sources from the ministry, the attendance rate on the first working day after the Eid holidays was about 90 percent. The internal and external car parking areas of the ministry witnessed severe overcrowding.

The daily toured the ministry, and observed the keenness of the employees to report to work as per the official resumption date set by the Civil Service Commission which was Sunday, May 8. The day began with various catch-up meetings.

Director of the Information Systems Center and the official spokesman of the ministry Eng. Ahmed Al-Saleh urged all employees in various sectors to show commitment in attending work after the Eid holidays.

This news has been read 14445 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights