------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Want to leave company before 3 yrs of completion

I entered Kuwait on May 7, 2018. Now I have another job offer with a good salary package. I am a university degree holder, so can I ask for release from my current employer to join the new company. Or is there any law that prevents me from residency transfer.

Name withheld

Answer: If your current employer brought you from your country, the law stipulates that irrespective of your being a university graduate or not, you are to work for him for three years before you can ask for a release. On the other hand, if the sponsor does not object to your leaving his company after just one year, then a transfer can be effected for you to join the new company.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Questions on release and transfer

My company hired me from my home country 2 years ago, do I have the …

Translate »