WASHINGTON, Oct 2: The President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania both tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are in the process of quarantine, said a statement by the President on social media Friday.
A tweet by the President said, “Tonight, FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!”
Earlier on, the President’s 31-year-old adviser Hope Hicks tested positive for the virus. Trump put out a tweet earlier and stated “Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for COVID-19. Terrible! “The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!”
As the new development occurred, it is unclear whether Trump will be present for the second presidential debate in Miami, Florida, against Democrat Party rival Joe Biden. The two figures faced off in a debate held in Cleveland, Ohio, last Wednesday on September 30.
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said Friday that President Donald Trump has “mild symptoms” after testing positive for coronavirus. Speaking to reporters at the White House, Meadows affirmed that Trump “continues to be not only in good spirits but very energetic.”
“The doctors continue to monitor both his health and the health of the First Lady,” he added.
Meanwhile, Trumps 14-year-old son has tested negative for coronavirus, Melania Trumps chief of staff Stephanie Grisham confirmed. “All precautions are being taken to ensure hes kept safe and healthy,” Grisham told CNN. Furthermore, the Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel has tested positive for coronavirus (KUNA)