Wednesday , September 26 2018

Transferring Project Visa 18 to Public sector Visa 17

I have been working in Kuwait for last one year. My visa is No. 18 project visa. I got an offer to change to No. 17 visa. Is it possible to change to No. 17 visa if my sponsor is refusing it?

Name withheld

Answer: You cannot change your project visa to visa 17 because the labour law does not permit that. Even if your sponsor is OK with the transfer the Immigration Department will reject it because the law stipulates that you can only transfer a project visa to another project visa of the same sponsor or to a different sponsor with a different project.

Kindly send your queries to or
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Please follow and like us:

Check Also

Project Visa can be transferred to another Project visa

My company hired me as a manager from India in January 2016 (joining date — …

Translate »
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial