------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Transferring children’s residence from Fathers to Mother

I would like to know how I can transfer the visa of my children? They were both born her and we are Filipino Nationality and both my husband and I are working here but since my husband will be canceling his visa soon to go and work in another country specifically Canada. For the sake of the future of our children. As a mother I want them to be with me since they are also schooling here. I want to know what is the procedure of transferring visa of my children under mother visa? looking forward to your prompt response.

Name withheld

Answer: Under Kuwait labour law it is only the father who is allowed to be sponsor of members of the family. However in rare and special occasions, women are allowed to sponsor children on compassionate grounds. However for this to happen, the directorgeneral of immigration must okay it. We therefore propose that you seek audience with the directorgeneral, put your cast before him and if you are lucky you will be given an exemption and be allowed to be the sponsor of your children.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Visas issued prior to closing of airspace renewal and validity

KUWAIT CITY, Jul 9: The sources at the Ministry of Interior General Administration of Residency …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

Translate »