Saturday , September 22 2018

Tag Archives: traffic

‘Drifter’ jailed for month, fined KD 30

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 26: The Traffic Court has sentenced a 21-year-old Kuwaiti to one month in prison for reckless driving and fined him 30 dinars for driving the car with tinted glass, and failing to renew the car insurance, reports Al-Anba daily. The suspect was seized why wheeling in the …

Read More »

Poll says 75 pc dislike new traffic regulations

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 25: In an online survey seeking public opinions in Kuwait over the recent decisions taken by Ministry of Interior, 75 percent of the respondents were against the decisions and the remaining 25 percent supported it, reports Al-Qabas daily. The survey sought to use some Kuwaiti bloggers as …

Read More »

Deportation for Expatriate who repeats offence for not using safety belt and uses mobile phone while driving

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 22: Parallel to ambiguity hovering over the constitutionality and legality of the recent amendment to traffic laws regarding penalties for not using safety belt, using mobile phone by hand while, driving and parking on pavement, Director of the General Public Relations and Security Media Department Brigadier Adel …

Read More »

‘Disarray’ draws motorists ire gone to take seized cars

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 22: Chaos and resentment prevailed when some people went to collect their vehicles which were impounded by the authorities from motorists who were caught not wearing the seat belts or speaking on the phone while driving. After the exception of some cases, since last Thursday, the places …

Read More »

Legislative back-and-forth on impounds – Panels prep draft laws

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 20: The parliamentary Legislative and Legal Affairs Committee on Monday discussed two proposals on amending the Audio Visual Law, says committee member MP Ahmad Al-Fadel. Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Al-Fadel pointed out that the current law contradicts constitutional stipulations on freedom and it was approved …

Read More »

MP VOWS DEADLINE CALL TO CANCEL REVERSAL – Interior in U-turn on car impounds

‘Fines don’t work’ KUWAIT CITY, Nov 19: The Ministry of the Interior in a press release has said the Ministry has neither postponed nor cancelled the activation of Article 207 of the Traffic Law. According to the law the vehicle will be impounded for two months in addition to the …

Read More »

Impounds for not wearing seat belts or using mobile phone while driving suspended

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 16: The General Traffic Department (GTD) has suspended implementation of the decision to impound vehicles if the driver and front seat passenger are not wearing seat belts or if the driver is using mobile phone by hand while driving in compliance with the directive of acting Minister …

Read More »

MPs query concerns on cars, colons – ‘Traffic’ urged to review decision

SURGE IN IMPOUNDS RAISES IRE AMONG LEGISLATORS KUWAIT CITY, Nov 15: MP Waleed Al-Tabtabaei has presented questions to acting Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid Al-Jarrah about the law on impounding vehicles. He said the Ministry of Interior had earlier decided to amend some provisions of Decree No. 81/1976 on the …

Read More »

Cars seized if not wearing belt, using phone on road

136 students caught driving without licence KUWAIT CITY, Nov 15: Acting Undersecretary for Traffic Affairs at the Ministry of Interior, Major- General Fahd Al-Shuwea said Article 207 of the Traffic Law has been activated as of Wednesday, Nov 15, 2017, reports Al- Anba daily. According to the article vehicles will …

Read More »

Public outrage as hundreds of cars seized in new traffic law

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 15: Implementation of the decision taken by the Ministry of Interior to include three traffic violations in the list of regulations that sanction impounding of vehicles has started. The three violations include: using mobile phone while driving, parking on pavements and pedestrian crossings, and driving without seat …

Read More »
Translate »
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial