------------- --------------

Residence still with previous company, can I resign from new company?

Thanks for your education on legal matters. My question is I joined a company last December but my iqama is still with my previous company. I didn’t sign any contract with the new company. As I want to quit my new job, are any legal formalities needed? Can my new company take any action against me. Please guide me. Thanks.

Name withheld

Answer: Both you and the new company are violating the laws of Kuwait by you working for a company which is not your sponsor and the company employing you without first making sure that you had sought for and granted a release by your current company.

In order not to continue breaking the law we advise that you regularize your situation by asking for a release from your sponsoring company on condition that you are qualified to ask for such a release and above all you have a new company ready to give you a job and sponsorship. As for the company you are working for now they have no claim on you and can never take any action against you.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Refrain sending us repetitive questions, Please visit our archives ( Click Here )

Check Also

Hired locally terminated within a 1 year – Can I transfer residency?

I have a question about residency transfer. I am new here in Kuwait in a …

Translate »