------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Thursday , August 6 2020

People under 65 years, must take Covid-19 test for Hajj

RIYADH, June 23 : Saudi Health Minister Tawfiq Al-Rubiah said on Tuesday, this year Hajj will be for those under 65 years of age who do not suffer from any chronic diseases and must take coronavirus test, including self-quarantine two weeks after the pilgrimage.


In a joint press conference with Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr. Mohammad Banten, Al-Rubiah said that this year’s pilgrimage decision to limit visitors came to preserve the safety of Muslims lives which is based on Islamic Sharia and humanitarian duties.


Al-Rubiah added that everyone who wishes to perform Hajj this year will be examined for Covid-19 prior to Hajj season, and that the pilgrims will adhere to a home quarantine for two weeks after performing the rituals.
The minister noted that due to the global pandemic and the absence of any vaccine so far, the Saudi Ministry of Health has set up a “health plan and strict measures for pilgrims this year,” including preparing an integrated hospital for any emergency and developing medical protocols for the Hajj season this year.


For his part, Minister Benten stressed the adoption of exceptional executive plans for the Hajj this year, adding that this year Hajj will be safe and healthy, and preserves the safety of the pilgrims through the implementation of social distancing measures and avoiding large crowds.
Benten denied any possibility of pilgrims from abroad, even if they conducted coronavirus tests, stressing that there are no exceptions on this.
The minister added that the number of pilgrims will be “very limited,” estimating that they may not exceed 10,000 pilgrims, explaining that the ministry will coordinate with Islamic diplomatic missions in Saudi Arabia to register the pilgrims.


Yesterday, Saudi Arabia announced the pilgrimage rituals for this year with a “very limited” numbers for those wishing to perform the rituals and who are inside the Kingdom already. (KUNA) –

Check Also

9 deaths, 2235 new cases of coronavirus in Saudi Arabia – Total 74,795 & 399 dead

RIYADH, May 25 : Saudi Arabia announced today, Monday, that it recorded nine deaths, in …


You have installed adblocker kindly disable
or

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com

 

 

 

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;


(function() { var st = document.createElement('script'); st.type = 'text/javascript'; st.async = true; st.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https:' : 'http:') + '//cdn.stickyadstv.com/prime-time/intext-roll.min.js?zone=7056401&contentClass=entry&auto=true&soundButton=true'; document.head.appendChild(st); })(); google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

WhatsApp

Translate »