------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Monday , November 30 2020

Manager hired from abroad wants release after one year

I’m working in a company in Kuwait in a managerial position and the work permit also shows the position as a manager and salary as KD 450 only. I was recruited from India on a two-year visa. Is it possible to get release after one year?

Name withheld

Answer: No, you can’t get a release after one year unless your current sponsor has no objection to giving you a release. Even after you complete serving the company for two years in accordance with the contract signed, the company will still not be obliged to give you a release but can send you back to your country of origin. However after the two-year contract period, if it is renewed for another year, you will then be entitled for a release as you would have put in a total of 3 years service as demanded by the Labour Law.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Questions on release and transfer

My company hired me from my home country 2 years ago, do I have the …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

Translate »