Monday , February 19 2018

Losing drivers license on designation change

I have my visa Article 18 company driver visa and I have university degree also. Now I have completed 1 year from my present company and now I have good offer from another company. But the new company wants to change my designation to a sales executive. My old company is ready to give me a release. So if my old company gives me release, can I transfer my visa to another company and also change my title from driver to sales executive?

Name withheld

Answer: If your present company is willing to give your a release and you are also ready to change your present designation of ‘driver’ to a new designation ‘sales executive’ you will have no problem in transferring your residency to the company. You must however note that you will lose your driving licence if you have one with the change in designation.


Kindly send your queries to or
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

No deal signed for smart driving licenses

KUWAIT CITY, Dec 18 : No deal was signed with any company to start issuing …

Translate »