KUWAIT CITY, Oct 20: Senior decision makers from Ministry of Electricity & Water, Kuwait Authority for Partnership Projects, Public Authority for Housing Welfare and Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority will be leading talks on the country’s project sector at the upcoming Kuwait Projects conference, taking place at the Regency Hotel, Salmiya on the 28th November 2016.
Kuwait anticipates significant economic and population growth over the next two decades at a time of low oil price.
The high number of projects underway valued at $250bn+ reflects confidence in Kuwait’s government and economy to deliver its major infrastructure programme as part of its drive for economic diversification. The Kuwait Authority for Partnership Projects is playing a critical role in Kuwait’s diversification plan by bringing the private and public players together.
A testament to their efforts is the $27bn worth of utility projects currently in the pre-execution stage in partnership with the private sector. At the conference, Mr. Mutlaq Al-Sanei, General Manager of KAPP will explain what these partnerships mean for the private sector and announce upcoming projects they can be a part of.
Joining him at the conference are:
* Sheikh Dr Meshaal Jabar Al Ahmad, Director General, Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority
* Eng Saad Saud Muhailibi, Director of Master Plan Department, Kuwait Municipality & President, Kuwait Society of Engineers
* Mutlaq Al-Sanei, General Manager, Kuwait Authority for Partnership Projects
* Andy Biffen, Chief Executive Officer, Shamal Az-Zour Al-Oula
* Dr Firas Raad, Country Manager, Kuwait, Middle East & North Africa, World Bank
The Kuwait Projects conference, now in it’s 12th year, is a favoured event for senior government representatives to share their strategic plans and collaborate with business leaders and investors from the private sector.