------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Monday , September 21 2020

Immigration department asking for birth certificate to apply for visa Parents / In-laws

Good day, Thank you for your valuable comments on legal clinic which help us a lot. I have a query related to visit visa for parents. When one of my friend went to apply for visit visa for his motherin- law, the official from the Immigration Department told us to bring the birth certificate of himself. Being confused, he asked again and they repeated the same. The particulars he took were attested marriage certificate, spouse’s passport and civil ID. Is this a new process, as some of us don’t have birth certificates. What is the logic behind this … as we have our parents name and birthdate in our passports. Please shed some light on this.

Name withheld

Answer: We are also at a loss as to why the Immigration Department official is asking for a birth certificate which is not part of the documents required to apply for a visit visa. It is however possible that this could be an additional required document but which has not been brought to the notice of the general public. I cannot hazzard any logic behind this additional requirement if it is true. We therefore, advise your friend to seek clarity on this from a more senior official at the Immigration Department to settle the issue once and for all.

Here are is the procedure in-case senior officials also reject

  • Birth Certificate attested from your embassy
  • Relationship affidavit attested from your embassy
  • Birth Certificate translated into Arabic
  • Then go to Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Shuwaikh and attest the original Birth Certificate and Arabic translation for birth certificate and Relationship affidavit.
  • Then go to passport office in your area and submit typed visa application along with copies of civil id, isnamel (work permit), passport, residency page, arabic translated Birth Certificate, Parents passport copies, relationship affidavit.
  • Pay 3 KD for stamp and collect your visa

Kindly note if you intend to bring wife’s parents then you need  copy of her civil id, passport, residency page also.



Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

New residency bill – KD 4 fine daily for violation, KD 10 for overstaying visit, KD 2,000 for not registering a child

KUWAIT CITY, Aug 12: While many are still trying to understand the new draft law …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

Translate »