Wednesday , July 18 2018

Hired from home country – Transfer of visa before 3 yrs

Can you please clarify on the issues below? Company hired me from India for the post of accountant and I have a university degree. I have completed one year and two months on company residency.

Question A: If I got new job will I get release from the company?

B: What legal action can the company take against me if I got new job and I resign?

Name withheld

Answer: Under the Kuwait Labour Law, if a company hires you from your home country, you are legally bound to work for that company for three years irrespective of whether you are a university graduate or not.

You can, therefore, not resign from the company or get a release before the end of the 3-year mandatory service. A case of breach of contract and absconding from duty can be filed against you if you abandon work before the end of three years.

Kindly send your queries to and

Check Also

Time period to wait to convert from Family to Work visa

How long does one need to wait to convert the family visa to work visa, …

Translate »