-- ------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

‘Health ministry cannot manage without expats’ – ‘Kuwaitis insufficient to take up posts’

This post has been read 6171 times!

KUWAIT CITY, Jan 16: “Ministry of Health cannot manage without expatriate employees including doctors, nurses, laboratory technicians and administration staff”, reports Al-Rai daily quoting informed medical sources.

They said the ministry will need more expatriate medical employees following the completion of ongoing projects such as Jaber Hospital, Amiri Hospital, Jahra Hospital, Farwaniya Hospital and Adan Hospital among others, indicating that national employees are not enough to occupy the vacant medical positions.

The sources explained that there are a total of 22,000 nurses but only six percent of them are Kuwaitis. Among the doctors, 30 percent are Kuwaitis and the remaining 70 percent are expatriates. The total number of dentists in Kuwait is 3,500 which include 1,400 Kuwaitis.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health has taken necessary preparations to implement the new international protocol related to various stages for treatment of Hepatitis B infection following the discovery of a new cure, reports Al-Shahed daily quoting informed sources.

They explained that the ministry was urged to reduce the waiting time for receiving this new treatment and reexamining those who require pre-marriage certificate to ascertain that they do not suffer from this disease.

Check Also

Kuwait launches ‘smart employee ID’ regulating labor; Move aims to curb fraud

This post has been read 6172 times! KUWAIT CITY, Feb 28: Kuwait’s Public Authority for …