------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Saturday , November 16 2019

Fireworks fumes choke school revelers

KUWAIT CITY, April 12, (KUNA): Up to 21 people suffered from breathing difficulty due to fireworks during a celebration held at Dasman Elementary School on Tuesday.

The fire department reported that a number of revelers at the school set off fireworks at graduates’ celebration, causing fumes and causing breathing problems for 16 people, who were transported to the Amiri Hospital.

A single case was transported to hospital aboard a private car and four others were treated on the spot. Dr Abdulmohsen Al-Huwailah, the private teaching undersecretary, said in a statement after inspecting the school that an investigation was launched to identify and punish those responsible for the incident. He confirmed that 18 individuals; 14 students and four teachers, choked with the smoke. However, they were immediately hospitalized. Minister of Education and Higher Education Dr Mohammad Al-Fares, who was partaking in a parliamentary session when the incident happened, was assured by telephone about condition of those who were affected with the fumes. Meanwhile, an unidentified motorist escaped unhurt after his car caught fire, reports Al-Anba daily.

According to reports the motorist was driving along the Sixth Ring Road opposite Sulaibiya and when he saw smoke and flames coming from the engine, he pulled over and abandoned his car. The fire, which was caused by electrical short circuit, was put out by the Jahra firemen

Translate »