KUWAIT CITY, April 6: A high-ranking security source said the Ministry of Interior has received instructions to be ready to implement a total ban in 3 areas where the people will be allowed to come out of their homes only during specific times and that these areas are Farwaniya, Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh and Mahboula, stressing this is like to come into force from Monday evening, reports Al-Anba daily.
The source confirmed the Ministry of Interior has in the process of defining all exits and entrances to the areas that will be covered by the ban. The exit and entry will be only for those people who have the permits.
The source indicated that the exit and entry points will be manned by the Special Forces, the rescue and the traffic departments, and therefore patrols will be conducted periodically in those areas to compel the residents to stay in their homes.
On the timing of the ban and the date of implementation, the source said: “We are waiting for further clarifications in this regard within hours.” As for whether there are other areas that will be covered by the ban, the source said so far only the three areas are being singled out until further notice.