------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Farm Visa Transfer

My brother has farm visa, is it possible to transfer to company visa??

Name withheld

Answer: Yes, it is possible only to a company owned by his current sponsor. In the absence of that he can only transfer to another sponsor on the same farm visa.

Is it possible to transfer my visa (Farm) to another company as I got a good opportunity. I have been working for more than 3 years in my current company. Also I have professional masters degree certificate (Marketing) from UK and my current sponsor is making my life a hell. I have been appointed as marketing manager but the designation given me in the farm visa is electrician. The sponsor told me earlier that he will transfer the visa to his company or factory and also he would change my profession to marketing manager. Until now he is just playing a game of hide and seek with me. The salary he told me at the time of interview was KD 600 per month but he is not giving me that amount. For the past three years he has been giving me only KD 250 per month as mentioned in izne-amal. My life is becoming horrible day by day. Whenever I ask him for release or cancel my visa and I will go back home but he tells me he will neither cancel my visa nor give me release. He threatens me if I do something legal he will blacklist me and spoil my career. Please advise me what to do.

Name withheld

Answer: As you have completed three years with your current sponsor, you are entitled to a release but to another sponsor with a farm. Indeed transferring a farm visa to visa 18 is possible under current regulations but that transfer should be to a company owned by the same person who sponsored you on the farm visa. As explained above, you cannot transfer your farm visa to a company owned by a different sponsor. However, if you get a new sponsor willing to take you on his farm, and the current sponsor refuses to offer you a release, we advise that you file a case against him with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour through the Labour Department in your area of jurisdiction. On the other hand if you make up your mind to return to your country of origin, your sponsor cannot stop you from doing so and again the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour can help you in that regard. As for being threatened with a blacklist by your sponsor, forget about it since it is an empty threat.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Unscrupulous Employer – Farm visa transfer

I came to Kuwait on April, 2014 on a farm (agriculture) visa. I am a …

Translate »