Saturday , September 22 2018

Documents required to apply for visit visa for Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law

Can I bring my sister-in-law (wife’s sister) and mother-in-law (wife’s mother) to Kuwait? My salary does fulfil the criteria but I need to know if it’s possible to bring them down here, if yes, please let me know the procedure.

Name withheld

Answer: Yes, you can but when they arrive they can stay in Kuwait for only one month. You require the following documents to apply for the invitation.

1. You and your wife’s Civil ID copies

2. The rental agreement

3. Copy of your work permit

4. Passport copies of your mother- and sister-in-laws and an affidavit showing your relationship with them. The affidavit in Arabic should be typed at your embassy from where you also have to get it attested. You will then have to get the same attested by Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs consular services annexe in Shuwaikh.

5. Attach all these documents to an application to the Immigration Department in the area you reside and you will have no problems in getting the visit visa.

  • Kindly note that visit visa is valid for 1 month stay only.


Kindly send your queries to or
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Please follow and like us:

Check Also

Clarification on Visit visa extension

I have read in Arab Times that visit visa in Kuwait cannot be extended after …

Translate »
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial