Dependent visa for 3 yr old son

I am an Indian woman working in the Ministry of Health, Kuwait (Residence Article 17). My salary is KD 735 but currently my 3-year-old son is in my home country. My husband is also working in Kuwait (Residence Article 18) but his salary is less than KD 250. I want to bring my son to Kuwait … but can I apply for a dependent visa for my son.

Name withheld

Answer: According to the law, only the father can sponsor the children in Kuwait but in cases like yours — when both parents are working in Kuwait — the law is lenient and allows the parents to club their salaries and reach the magical figure of KD 250. So, let your husband apply for the dependent visa but attach copies of both the work permits. You should not face any problems in getting the dependent visa.

For legal queries email or

Check Also

Transfer of visa 22 to visa 18

Currently am on family Visa 22, I got a offer from a reputed private company. …

Translate »