Tuesday , October 23 2018

Legal Clinic

Will housing allowance included in my Indemnity payment?

I would like you to compute my indemnity. I am planning to finish my work contract in April 2017. I have been working for 18 years in a private company and my basic salary is KD 435 only and I have a housing allowance of KD 50 only. I just …

Read More »

House contract issue

I am living in a 2-bedroom apartment. My contract was signed on Nov 1, 2015. My monthly rent is KD 300 but now I want to move to another apartment. I informed the landlord on Sept 3, 2016 that I would vacate this apartment before Sept 25, 2016. I was …

Read More »

Payroll calculation

First of all thanks a lot for guiding expatriates with your legal advice service through the Legal Clinic column — I am seeking your clarification for my issue, please help. I am working in the Human Resources Department of my company and have been in charge of payroll process for …

Read More »

Driving License – Designation changed from Driver to Technical Assistant

My driving license was issued on Dec 18, 2012 for 10 years with designation “Driver” and salary KD 400. But now my designation in my new company is being changed to Technical Assistant with the salary KD 400. Please advise whether after my designation change my driving license will get …

Read More »

Name ‘mismatch’

First of all I would like to thank you to this amazing “Legal Clinic” department for their services, which are very helpful to all of us … and I am a regular reader of the very popular “Arab Times” since 2004. I have a problem which has become very critical …

Read More »

Transfer & Release for local hire working in contracting company

I am working in a contracting company running governmental projects. I was recently hired for one project and unfortunately the current news is that this project has been cancelled. I was hired locally and the current company is my 3rd employer. I am a graduate degree holder with attested certificates. …

Read More »

Divorced mother wants to bring children to Kuwait

I am now living in Kuwait. My husband and I are divorced and I would like to bring my 2 children to Kuwait, ages 4 and 7. He has given me his consent. I am a teacher and my salary is KD 650 per month. Can I bring them in …

Read More »

Work permit problem

I would like to ask for help for my problem. I am joining a new company and I have submitted my current working permit but the company which I am joining requires the old working permit which was issued 7 years back. I went to the company where I worked …

Read More »

Renewal of driving license from “Driver” designation to new designation

I have driving license issued in 2003 when my position was that of a driver. The license will expire in January 2017. My current position is merchandizer. Can I renew my license without any issue? Name withheld Answer: No, unfortunately, you will not be able to renew your license because …

Read More »

Indemnity should be calculated by using the latest remuneration

Can you please let me how to calculate my service indemnity. ■ Salary – KD 450. ■ Car allowance – KD75. ■ Petrol – they give me a card twice a month (KD 15 each). ■ Having been working for more then 13 years. ■ We get a bonus every …

Read More »
Translate »
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial