------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Campaign to rectify chaotic Jleeb situation under way as new ‘minister’ conducts tour

KUWAIT CITY, Dec 21: The Minister of State for Municipal Affairs Waleed Al-Jassem, on the second day of work, launched field trips to Jleeb Al- Shuyoukh area.

He was accompanied by officials from Kuwait Municipality, Ministry of Interior and Public Authority for Manpower (PAM) to oversee the success of the field campaigns that were launched last month.

Meanwhile, Director General of Kuwait Municipality Eng Ahmed Al-Manfouhi revealed three areas that will be handed over to PAM temporarily until the construction of labor cities for bachelors, which need time to determine.

He indicated that the campaigns resulted in the closure of more than 500 shops that were operated illegally, and issuance of 1,000 warnings to shops as a preliminary step to their permanent closure.

Al-Manfouhi said six sites will be handed over to Ministry of Public Works to serve as parking area for large transportation vehicles. He affirmed that traffic congestion will be reduced after heavy vehicles are shifted, especially those operating in the residential areas, stressing that work is ongoing on the right path at present and needs some time to reach the required level.

Al-Manfouhi revealed that the workforce is exerting efforts round the clock to monitor every violation related to marginalized labor force in a bid to deport them.

In addition, Deputy Director General for Manpower Protection Dr Mubarak Al-Azmi said 200 judicial seizures and administrative suspension of all violations in the region have been closed, adding that 80 shops which operated without licenses were also closed.

By Abdulnasser Al-Aslami/Munaif Nayef Al-Seyassah Staff

Check Also

Plan to intensify raids on Jleeb makeshift markets; 3,000 shops open with no permit

12 cafes shut, 30 blocked passages reopened KUWAIT CITY, Jan 25: In continuation of the …

Translate »