This post has been read 4218 times!
Hurghada is a beach resort that lies along Egypt’s Red Coast. It is popular with holidaymakers looking for sun, sea, and sand and is a busy resort town. You can try out a range of activities, including windsurfing and scuba diving, making it a good choice for those interested in action-packed holidays.
Hurghada has a subtropical desert climate, with extremely hot summers and warm winters, so traveling to this part of the world at any time of the year will offer you sunshine. The time you visit depends wholly on how much heat you can stand!
If you’re planning on visiting Hurghada, there is probably a lot you’ll want to know. Below, we’ve gathered as much as we can about a trip to the town including the travel documents you’ll need, what you can do while there, and even the kinds of day trips you could try.
Travel Documents For Egypt
Traveling into Egypt requires you to carry a valid passport and, for most visitors, a visa. You can usually get an e-visa for Egypt but must ensure you apply for the correct kind of visa for your travel.
The online Egyptian Visa for Hurghada is valid for up to 30 days of travel. You can choose a single entry or a multiple entry option for your visa. With a single entry visa, you may only enter the country once, a multiple entry one allows for more entries.
Now that Egypt is back open to tourists, fully vaccinated travelers do not need to do a test before arriving. If you are not fully vaccinated, you will need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test, either a PCR or a Rapid Antigen Test can be used. If you are vaccinated, you will need to have proof of this.
Best Time To Visit Hurghada In Egypt
With its subtropical desert climate, Hurghada is relatively warm all year round but there are some times of the year that are the best times to travel.
Most holidaymakers travel to Hurghada during the summer months, traveling between April and October. The average temperature consistently reaches 30 degrees at the height of summer, making for a very warm visit.
If you’re not someone who enjoys extreme heat, then traveling in cooler parts of the year, between November and March, may be best for you. You can still experience the heat but it won’t be as intense.
What To Do In Hurghada?
When it comes to Hurghada holidays, there are a number of things you can try out for an action-packed, or relaxing holiday – it all depends wholly on the kind of trip you want to take. Below, we’ve listed some of our recommendations for a holiday in Hurghada.
- Check out the beaches – This one is pretty obvious but we fully recommend spending a few days relaxing on the stunning beaches that are well-known in this resort.
- Giftun Islands – One of the most popular boat trips from Hurghada is to the Giftun Islands. During quieter months, you’ll be able to see lots of marine life on the beaches of the island, though the crowds scare them off during the busier times!
- Scuba dive in the Straits of Gubal – Renowned as one of the best shipwrecks to dive, the Straits of Gubal are a narrow strip of water between the Red Sea and the Sinai peninsula. They’re home to the shipwreck of a WW2 cargo ship, The Thistlegorm which can be explored on a scuba diving trip.
- Take a trip into the desert in a jeep or quad bike – Though there is a ton to see at the beach, you can also get your fill of sand further inland on a trip into the desert!
- Eat at Hurghada Marina – Considered a more modern addition to the city, this part comes alive at night and is a fantastic place to watch the sunset.
Is Hurghada Better Than Sharm El-Sheikh?
Sharm El-Sheikh is another of Egypt’s resort towns in between the desert of the Sinai Peninsula and the Red Sea. It is known for its clear waters and sandy beaches and is popular with tourists looking for a relaxing holiday.
While Hurghada has snorkeling and scuba diving opportunities, Sharm El-Sheikh is considered a place that caters even better to these pursuits. While both resorts can offer relaxation, Sharm El-Sheikh is probably the best option for a quiet trip whereas Hurghada can offer you lots more action.
How Far Are The Pyramids From Hurghada?
Unfortunately, a trip to see the Pyramids at Giza isn’t a short one when you’re staying in Hurghada. A coach trip will take you around six hours, but you can get a plane if you’re up for it!
Hurghada is a relaxing holiday destination for those looking for sun and sand-style trips. The hottest time of year is during the summer months and most people travel during April and October. Though you will get the best weather during these months, some destinations may be quite busy.