This post has been read 19281 times!
KUWAIT CITY, Oct 1: According to some observers, the turnout during the recently concluded National Assembly elections, was low, reports Al-Rai daily. The daily attributed this to the following reasons.
1. Registering everyone on the voters’ list even those who were not interested in registering.
2. Casting the ballot using the civil ID eliminated family extensions.
3. Combating vote buying (since there were groups that were casting votes for selfish interests).
4. Confronting the minorities reduced enthusiasm for the elections.
5. Some citizens travelled because of the holidays.
6. Denying voting for suspended military personnel.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Interior announced as of Friday the ministry will receive leave applications and holidays following the end of the National Assembly.