------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Transfer of residence for locally hired and hired from abroad

I am 2 years in my company and I am planning to submit my resignation. Am I eligible to get a release from them if I get a job from another company?

Name withheld

Answer: If you were hired locally, you are qualified to get a release from the company. If you are a university degree holder you could have even requested for a release at any point of time. If you are not, on the other hand the law required you to work for them at least for one year before asking for a release. A different ball-game will come into play if you were hired from your home country by your current sponsor. Under this scenario, the law mandates you to work for three years before being eligible to ask for a release.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Clarification by PAM about new transfer procedures from Govt sector to Private

KUWAIT CITY, Nov 4: Regarding the news published recently about the categories of expatriates who …

Translate »