KUWAIT CITY, April 3: The services of 172 expatriate nurses who have reached the legal age will soon be terminated, reports Annahar daily quoting reliable health sources.
The sources told the daily, the names of more than 200 Kuwaiti employees have been referred for retirement – employees who have reached the legal age – 35 years of service.
On the other hand, Assistant Undersecretary for Legal Affairs at the Ministry of Health, Muhammad Al- Subaie, said the “employee” who damaged the fingerprint device at the Sabah Al-Ahmad Specialist Center has been referred for investigation and that all legal measures will be taken against him.
Al-Subaie stressed in a press statement the keenness of the ministry to apply the law in all health facilities, pointing out that the ministry will not tolerate those who disrupt work. On the other hand, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Health Assistant for Planning and Quality Control Affairs Dr Mohammad Khashti said that the Committee for Conferences will meet soon to limit the number of conferences to be held next year. “I think there will be about 30 conferences and 40 to 50 workshops,” he said.
“This number depends on the budget.” He pointed out that the budget for conferences last year was 1.8 million dinars, and that he expects no increase in the new budget.