------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Thursday , October 1 2020

Resignation and Release

I have been working in Kuwait for the last 3 years. I was recruited from India. My question is, I want to get release from my current employer. Is it possible? Also my work permit salary is KD 100 and my current salary is KD 190 which does not reflect in the work permit. Is there any problem for this? And one more thing is that, how many days before shall I give resignation? Waiting for your reply.

Name withheld

Answer: After working three years for the company, you have fulfilled your contractual obligation and hence qualified to be given a release. Before this is done however, you have to present a resignation letter and also give a 3-month notice period spelt out in the letter. If you have completed 3 full years as you indicated you can give the resignation anytime you choose. The notice period, it must be pointed out, can also be part of the 3 years service period. As for your new salary not being refl ected in your work permit, we would have advised that you take steps to rectify the situation but since you intent to resign, the issue becomes moot and you don’t need to worry about it.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Time frame to transfer visa after serving notice period

I was terminated on Sept 1, 2019. My notice period ends on Nov 30, 2019. …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

Translate »