------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Release for degree holder and non-degree holder

I have been working here in Kuwait for 3 years plus now. My first company gave me a release but now I got a better offer from another company and they want me to start immediately. I’m in my 6th month now. My question is, if I leave, should I pay my current employer? And is it true that I should finish 9 months before I can transfer to another sponsor?

Name withheld

Answer: Under the Kuwait Labour Law, you can ask for a release from your employer at any point in time if you possess a university degree and was hired locally. If you are a non-degree holder, however, you are bound by the law to work one year for your new employer if you are hired locally. The law under this dispensation does not talk about any monetary compensation but only talks about the period to serve.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

Questions on release and transfer

My company hired me from my home country 2 years ago, do I have the …

Translate »