Project visa transfer – Company refusing to give release

This news has been read 12274 times!

I came to Kuwait in January 2013 on a project visa (5 year project). Now I have completed more than 4 years in this project.

I am a bachelor degree holder. Now I am getting good offer in ministry of health as paramedical staff. My question is, can I get release from my sponsor after 4 years in legal way? Because my company is refusing to give me a release. My visa is 18 shoun visa and I want to transfer to visa 17.

Name withheld

Answer: Unfortunately the laws as they stand now are not in your favour and the company will be acting within the law if they refuse to give you a release because they brought you to Kuwait on a five-year project visa which according to you, you have not yet completed the full five years.

Indeed according to current and other decisions on the subject of project visa, you can transfer only to another government project on the same sponsor, or another government project of a different sponsor if the current project has been completed or to the general file of the current sponsor. In these scenarios you can see that you have very little or no room to maneuver in your quest to seek transfer from your current sponsor to the ministry of health.

Kindly send your queries to [email protected] or [email protected]
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

This news has been read 12274 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights