KUWAIT CITY, Oct 10: As the world is in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, thousands of people have lost their jobs and struggle to make ends meet.
Children’s education is one of the casualties of these challenging times. As more and more parents are unable to pay school fees, it becomes all the more important for us to lend a helping hand. What could be better than joining hands with children for this noble cause?
With this goal in mind, the Indian Women’s Association Kuwait is organizing “Singing Stars”, an online singing contest aims to support children that cannot afford to pay their school fees due to various reasons.
Participating children will also do their bit of community service as they compete for the top prizes.
- All participants need to adhere to the competition participation format and guidelines.
- Contest is open to all children based in Kuwait, between the ages of 5 to 16 years.
- Contest will be divided into three categories according to age groups:
- Category A: 5 to 7
- Category B: 8 to 11
- Category C: 12 to 16
- The competition will be conducted online, via Zoom and Facebook.
- There will be one final winner per age group and will receive exciting prizes including a chance to have a 30 minute performance each on the IWA FB page.
- All participants get a participation certificate issued online.
- Songs can be in any Indian language, English or Arabic and can be of any genre.
- There will be three rounds: first preliminary round for shortlisting (through recorded video clips) followed by the quarter-finals (13th November 2020), semi-finals (20th November 2020) and finals (4th December 2020). Dates may be subject to change.
- All contestants need to organize their own music for their performances.
- Organizers reserve the right to review or change outline or format of the competition depending on any current issues.
- Judges decision is final.
- By submitting the contest form, the contestant agrees to follow all the rules and regulations and gives IWA the explicit right to use their photos, videos/video clips in promotional material.
For additional information or entry forms and detailed entry guidelines contact by phone or Whatsapp: +965 9981 1672 or +965 6658 5392.