------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Wednesday , July 28 2021

NOC for Engineer – Residence renewal and transfer

I’m an engineer and a member of the Kuwait Society of Engineers since 2013. I had gotten NOC’s previously for residency renewals and residency transfers. Kindly clarify, whether the NOC is required each time of residency renewal/transfer, or only the first time? Isn’t the PAM keeping a database of engineers who have been vetted by the system? What does the law state regarding this subject?

Name withheld

Answer: To the best of our knowledge you need an NOC anytime you want to renew or transfer your residence permit: As to whether the Public Authority for Manpower (PAM) keeps a database of engineers who have been vetted by the system or not the law as it exists now requires all engineers who wish to renew or transfer their residence to acquire a no-objection certificate from the Kuwait society of Engineers for those purposes.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Engineers plan sit-in for jobs

KUWAIT CITY, April 8: The treasurer of the Petroleum Company Workers’ Union, Abdul Rahman Al- …

Translate »