------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Name change after marriage – How to rectify on Civil ID

I’ve changed my passport into my married name then my company changed my civil ID but they made a mistake in my name which is not same as in the passport..I would like to change it but my question is can I do it online or do i have to do it in a different way as my name would be different from my old passport? And they say this would be a problem later in the immigration once I travel.

Name withheld

Answer: The mistake cannot be corrected online and hence you have to visit the residency department of the Directorate-General of Immigration and Passport in your area to effect the necessary correction.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

PACI adds feature in app for domestic workers

KUWAIT CITY, Dec 21: The General Director of the Public Authority for Civil Information, Musaed …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




Translate »