This post has been read 10493 times!
KUWAIT CITY, Nov 29: Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) received 88 claims from contractors valued at approximately KD161.1 million, reports Al- Rai daily quoting sources from the oil sector. Sources revealed to the daily that some of these claims date back years ago, some have been settled, others have yet to be settled and some were rejected. Sources added some contractors submitted claims for expired contracts, which were settled after the end of their validity and this led to the failure to issue change orders for the approval of internal and external committees authorized to do so after the contractors agreed on the settlements.
Sources said about 59 tenders were cancelled last year with an estimated value of KD414.3 million due to the rejection of the Higher Procurement Committee at Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) or because the offers submitted were higher than the estimated cost or for other reasons. On the other hand, sources indicated that KOC incurred losses estimated at KD116,300 – cost of the annual rental of 38 cars allocated for workers in some foreign parties and were not used by these parties. Sources affirmed that all the measures taken by the company have gone through official channels and the required appropriations.
Meanwhile, Chief Civil Engineer in the Special Projects Department at the Ministry of Public Works Eng Mishaal Al-Enezi, who also serves as project manager for the new maternity hospital, disclosed that the target completion date for the hospital is in the fourth quarter of 2022 with a total cost of KD220.6 million, reports Al-Anba daily. He said the total area of the land allotted for the hospital is 60,000 square meters; while the total building area is 357,300 square meters distributed to four buildings