Historic surge in Kuwait’s fuel oil exports driven by Al-Zour refinery

Low-sulfur fuel oil exports reach unprecedented levels

This news has been read 654 times!

KUWAIT CITY, March 3: In February, Kuwait experienced a historic surge in fuel oil exports, driven by the Al-Zour refinery reaching full processing capacity, reports Al-Qabas daily. Data compiled by “MEED” from the trading platform “Kpler” and the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) indicates that Kuwait’s refined product exports, particularly low sulfur fuel oil (VLSFO) crucial for shipping, reached unprecedented levels.

Kuwait’s oil exports in February totaled 720,000 metric tons, equivalent to 158,000 barrels per day. Approximately 60% of these exports consisted of low sulfur fuel oil, with high-sulfur fuel oil (HSFO) making up the remaining 40%. This surge in low-sulfur fuel oil exports follows a slowdown in the previous quarter when supplies were redirected to domestic power generation. Since the Al-Zour refinery began operations, over 50% of Kuwait’s low-sulfur fuel oil exports have been directed to Singapore, the world’s leading bunkering port.

This news has been read 654 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights