If you want to earn a popular IT credential and become a competent computer technician, then vendor-neutral CompTIA A+ 220-901 certification is the best one to go for. It’s not just popular because of the kind of skills that you will obtain but also because it’s being offered by CompTIA, one of the best IT certification vendors in the world. Computing Technology Industry Association, or CompTIA, is a non-profit organization, which was founded in 1982 and has played a significant role in producing the highest skilled IT professionals today. The most in-demand IT certifications by CompTIA include IT Fundamentals+, A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, Linux+, and Server+. Other credentials by this vendor are CYSA+, CASP+, PenTest+, Project+, CTT+, and Cloud Essentials. This article will take you through the in-depth details of CompTIA A+ 220-901 credential www.examsnap.com.
So, what is CompTIA A+ credential and 220-901 exam?
A+ credential was introduced in 1993 with the aim of equipping technology professionals with computer technician skills. It covers, among others, a number of widely used operating systems such as Windows, Linux, OS X, Apple, and Android. This certification ensures that you’re equipped with the right skills that will help you offer technical and operational IT support. You will learn how to carry out troubleshooting and solve computer or mobile device problems. To obtain this certification, you must sit for two tests that have been available from 15th January 2019. These are CompTIA 220-1001 and 220-1002. Initially, CompTIA exam codes 220-901 and 220-902 were used. So, 220-901 is the first exam you need to sit for on the way of getting CompTIA A+ certification.
What topics does CompTIA A+ 220-901 include?
These are the topics covered by this important entry-level certification:
- Hardware: How to identify, use, and connect hardware components as well as devices
- Windows OS: Installing and supporting Windows OS and working with a command line
- Software troubleshooting: Includes PC troubleshooting and mobile device issues including application security.
- Networking: Understanding various kinds of networks as well as connections (Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and SOHO)
- Hardware and network troubleshooting: Troubleshooting device as well as network issues
- Security: Identifying device and network security threats
- Mobile devices: Installation and configuration of OS on laptops as well as other mobile gadgets
- Other operating systems and technologies: Understanding OS for Linux, Mac, and mobile
- Operational procedures: Understanding and following best practices for environmental impacts, safety, and communication as well as professionalism.
CompTIA A+ exams and exam details
As earlier mentioned in this article, there are two core series exams, namely, CompTIA 220-1001 (Core 1) and 220-1002 (Core 2). These are the new updated versions of the previous 220-901 and 220-902 exams. The Core 1 exam covers areas such as mobile devices, hardware, networking technology, virtualization & cloud computing, as well as network troubleshooting. The Core 2 exam covers areas like installation and configuration of OS, expanded security, troubleshooting of software, as well as operational procedures. To sit for these exams, it is recommended that you have 9-12 months of practical experience in the field or lab.
Other details for these tests are as follows:
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Exam format: Multiple-choice with multiple answers, multiple-choice with a single answer, performance-based, and drag-and-drop
- Number of questions: 90
- Duration: 1,5 hour
- Passing score: 675 points for 220-1001 & 700 points for 220-1002. Both are based on a scale of 100-900 points.
- Cost: $219
- Languages: English, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, Thai, and Simplified Chinese
- Certification Validity: 3 years
CompTIA A+ 220-901 training and other exam prep resources
Passing your CompTIA A+ 220-901 core series exams requires prior preparation. The prep methods include training, study books, and dumps or practice tests. Let’s take a look at each one of them separately:
- Training courses
This involves finding an instructor to take you through the required topics. You can opt for classroom training or e-learning. There are a number of worldwide training providers authorized by CompTIA.
- Study books
E-books are one of the best ways to revise for your CompTIA A+ 220-901 exam. This is because A+ exams have been written by professionals who have been teaching CompTIA A+ 220-901 certification courses and understand the topics and how each exam is set. The e-books can give you an overview of what to expect in your exams and how you can pass them. Here are some popular study guides:
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 220-901 and 220-902 Certification Study Guides
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 220-1001 & 220-1002 Certification Study Guides
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification All-In-One Exam Guide by Mike Meyers
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 220-901 & 220-902 Exam Cram by David L. Prowse
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 practice tests
These past exam questions, also popularly known as dumps, have been compiled and uploaded by professionals, past exam candidates, and practice exam providers. They can give you an idea of how the actual exam looks like. Examples of the top online practice test providers include ExamSnap, ExamCollection, and Exam-Labs, among others. For example, ExamSnap is a reliable online platform that provides you with a great collection of the dumps for 220-901, 220-902 and other exams issued by the top IT vendors, such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, EC-Council, VMware, etc. To ace your exams, you need to download the files in .vce format, open them on the VCE Player, and train really hard. All the information about the VCE Simulator is available at ExamSnap. Since the exam dumps contained there are the most updated ones, you have nothing to do, but keep your nose to the grindstone. Use the materials as many times as possible until you grasp each topic well. And in the moment of truth, all the knowledge you received with the help of ExamSnap website, will pay you off, as you’ll pass the exam with flying colors.
CompTIA A+ 220-901 certification jobs & career overview
CompTIA has grouped its credentials according to particular career paths. They are network & cloud technologies, information security, hardware, services & infrastructure, web & mobile, IT management, software development, office productivity, and training. CompTIA A+ 220-901 is the exam, designed for anyone seeking to become a Help-desk Technician, Support/Service Centre Technician, and Networking Technician, among others. According to Indeed.com, these professionals are known to earn up to an average of $82,271 per annum, which is a great salary for an entry-level IT job.
If you are seeking to move up to the higher CompTIA credentials, then CompTIA A+ certification, and 220-901 test, in particular, is the best entry point. So, if you want to become one of the professionals with this popular credential, ensure that you pass either your 220-901 and 220-902 or 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams to obtain your CompTIA A+ certification. For that, find the most valid prep material browsing ExamSnap website and use it in revising the learned material.
CompTIA places the number of professionals who have attained A+ credential at over 1 million. It is also indicated as the most popular among all other CompTIA certifications. This implies that with this credential, you’ll have a chance of getting access to the best career opportunities.