KUWAIT, Feb 21: Minister of Health Sheikh Dr. Basil Al-Sabah has announced that his ministry is monitoring closely the latest updates about new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and has taken firm precautionary and preventive measures to counter the epidemic.
In statements to KUNA on Friday, the minister asserted keenness to do all in power to maintain the country’s health security and protect it against the new disease through enforcement of a multi-faceted and watertight plan.
Sheikh Basil Al-Sabah pointed out the ministry is in contact with the World Health Organization around the clock to get updates about the global situation of COVID-19 outbreak.
He added that Kuwait is also contacting with other Gulf countries to follow up on recommendations, relevant precautions, and practical steps to curb the spread of the virus.
The ministry is cooperating at the same time with all relative national bodies to take all precautionary measures to help keep the country free from COVID-19, Sheikh Dr. Basil Al-Sabah said, reiterating that the so far no case of novel coronavirus infection was registered in Kuwait.
He stressed that the ministry is committed to highest level of transparency with regard the recently discovery of infected cases in some neighboring countries.
The ministry provide citizens and residents with all the information needed to avoid infection, he said.
He pointed out that the ministry continues to apply all preventive measures to prevent the transmission of the virus to the country, the most important of which is recommending not to travel to areas where the disease has appeared, except for extreme necessity.
The ministry also takes all preventive measures adopted internationally with those coming from those areas, he noted.
The minister also called on citizens and residents to follow official statements issued by the ministry (KUNA)