------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Exempt ‘stranded Kuwaitis’ from decision to allow less passengers

1,365 passengers arrived, while 3,635 departed

KUWAIT CITY, Jan 27: The concerned officials at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) recently issued a directive to airlines operating at Kuwait International Airport to exempt Kuwaiti families, elderly and students stranded abroad and in transit destinations from the decision to reduce the number of arriving passengers daily and allow them to immediately return to Kuwait on humanitarian grounds, reports Al- Qabas daily quoting a reliable source.

Speaking to the daily, the source revealed the proposed excluded cases will be studied and considered separately based on the statement of the airlines; taking into consideration the health regulations and their current destinations.

The source affirmed there will be flexibility and easing procedures for Kuwaiti families and elderly stranded abroad including those in transit. The source urged everyone to refrain from traveling at the moment due to the spread of the new strain of coronavirus, explaining that the decision to reduce the number of arriving passengers is aimed at preserving the health system and it will continue until Feb 6.

On the flights which were canceled due to the decision to reduce the number of passengers arriving in Kuwait, the source asserted the instructions of the concerned DGCA officials are clear in this regard; as the tourism and travel companies are obligated to recover the value of the ticket in line with the directives.

Reduce
Meanwhile, Director of Air Transport Department at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Abdullah Al-Rajhi disclosed that after the decision to reduce the number of passengers arriving at Kuwait International Airport, 32 flights arrived and 33 departed recently, reports Al-Anba daily.

Confirming the full cooperation of all companies operating at the airport to ensure proper implementation of the decision, Al-Rajhi said a total of 1,365 passengers arrived in the country; while the number of departures to various destinations reached 3,635.

He said about 600 domestic workers with valid residency permits enter Kuwait daily; affirming the corresponding fees are borne by the sponsors as per the agreement with the companies that provide ground services and such fees should not increase. He explained an arriving domestic worker is received from the airplane door through the interior and customs procedures until arrival at the quarantine center in cooperation with the Ministry of Health.

He added the concerned company conducts the first, second and third examination procedures; as well as provide meals and other services. He added that about 3,100 domestic workers have arrived in Kuwait so far, confirming full commitment to health regulations in order to prevent transmission of coronavirus from the workers to their sponsors.

Check Also

Govt turns deaf ear to Kuwaiti press, the media, and the MPs

KUWAIT CITY, July 17: The Kuwaiti press, the media, and the MPs have given their …

Translate »