40 applications checked
KUWAIT CITY, May 18, (KUNA): The commission of withdrawn nationalities has submitted its first report to His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah on examinations of 40 applications of total 184, the commission’s secretary Dr Nayef Al-Ajmi announced Thursday.
The report includes the committee’s recommendations on the 40 completed applications after informing their related bodies, Al-Ajmi stated to KUNA. The commission will continue to work on the rest of applications, and decide what is appropriate in that regard, he said, noting that it will also submit reports to His Highness the Premier on all completed applications.
The commission, since it was formed, has been holding an open-ended session, and has examined a number of cases involving the citizenship withdrawal or loss. It will submit a report in this regard to the relevant authority for taking the proper decisions regarding these petitions, said Al-Ajmi.
So far, the commission has received a total of 184 applications, he noted, affirming commitment in fairness, professionalism, and objectivity in examining the applications. There are no political pressures on the commission’s workfl ow, Al-Ajmi stressed.