------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Friday , December 4 2020

Factory Visa Transfer

After working as a technician in a factory (on an Article 18 work permit) for the last 2 years and 1 months I resigned as I had received a good offer from another company.

After working in the new company for 1 month, my current mandoub (company representative) is telling me that my visa can’t be transferred as it is a masna (factory).

Please answer my query as I am in trouble because my visa will expire in July this year.

Name withheld

Answer: Unfortunately, your mandoub (company representative) is right because the current Public Manpower Authority and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor rules forbid the transfer of the mazna (factory) visa.

The only thing that you can do is get another visa, leave the country and return on the new document or approach the Undersecretary at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor to sanction your transfer to the new sponsor without having to leave the country.

Your case is aggravated by the fact that your tenure in the country — after being hired from abroad — is less than three years, which means that even if the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor has no objection to the transfer, it will not do so (although it can) because a person after being hired from abroad must serve at least three years in the country before seeking a transfer. But your case is totally different in the sense that there are restrictions on the transfer of factory visas.

Check Also

Transferring visa before 1 yr

I had been working in Kuwait for 2 years, but when my residence expired I …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "1434619060"; google_ad_width = 650; google_ad_height = 170;

google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8308202338490872"; google_ad_slot = "5013570411"; google_ad_width = 630; google_ad_height = 270;

Translate »