DUBAI, Feb 21 (KUNA) — The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention confirmed Friday registering two new cases of the new coronavirus, COVID19 in the country. In a press statement, the ministry pointed out that the UAE had so far announced 11 confirmed cases. Three of them have fully recovered.
It explained that the two new cases had close contact with the recently confirmed cases of the Chinese citizen.
The ministry affirmed that it is screening all persons in close contact with the confirmed cases to avert spreading of the disease and ensure safety of the community.
“The two new cases are for a 34-year-old Filipino and a 39-year-old Bangladeshi. Their condition is stable,” the ministry said.
The ministry said it was coordinating with health and other concerned authorities in the country, and had been following a very effective epidemiological monitoring mechanism.
All the necessary precautions to ensure highly efficient preventive measures were taken, including check-ups and observation of people in contact with patients.
It was all done as per the guidelines and standards of the World Health Organization, the ministry added.
It urged the public to follow the preventive procedures and to read the awareness instructions available on its website and the official websites of health authorities in the UAE.
“The public are also advised to adopt protective health behaviors to avoid infectious diseases, including washing hands with soap and clean water, and covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing to stop the spread of germs and viruses,” the ministry said.
The Iranian Ministry of Health announced Friday two deaths and 11 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Iran’s official news agency (IRNA) quoted ministry spokesperson Kianush Jahanpur as saying that medical examinations confirmed the 13 new cases with COVID-19.
During the past few days, Iranian health centers and hospitals received thousands of people having symptoms similar to influenza; 735 of whom have been screened, Jahanpur said.
People infected are either from the Iranian city of Qom or visited it recently, with seven new infection cases there, four in Tehran and two in northern Gilan province, he explained.
Two days ago, Iran reported the first two deaths in Qom city, southern Tehran, after five confirmed cases were recorded.
When Iran was hit with COVID-19, Kuwaiti authorities banned travel to and from there since Thursday as a precautionary measure