------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

Transferring visa before 1 yr

I had been working in Kuwait for 2 years, but when my residence expired I wasn’t able to renew it, after that I went back to my home country and my previous employer give me visa. I want to know whether I can change my current employer. On new visa I have served 9 months. I am university graduate also and I am working a accounts assistant.

Name withheld

Answer: If the current employer was the same that gave you a visa to return to Kuwait, then the law obliges you to work three years for him\her before you can ask for a release. On the other hand if you are working for a different employer (which the law frowns upon), then you may change a new employer after serving one year with the current employer who in any case is not your sponsor so the one year service will be tied to the sponsor who brought you back to Kuwait from your home country. In that case the change of sponsor will be deemed to have been approved by the original sponsor.

Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending us repeated questions
Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

Visa transfer to competitor company

I am working as a mechanical QC in my present company. My visa had been …

You have installed adblocker kindly disable

whitelist www.arabtimesonline.com




Translate »