-- ------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------
Tuesday , January 31 2023

Transferring from a Private Project visa to another company

This post has been read 15558 times!

My company hired me as a Civil Engineer from India on August 2013 on a Government visa for a Government Project in Kuwait. This project was for 2 years and in 2015 August I was transferred to another private project with the same company. Now I am still continuing with the same private project in Kuwait with the same company. Is it possible for me to transfer my visa to another company? I have completed 4 plus years in this same company. Please advice.

Name withheld

Answer: Under rules currently governing the subject you have a number of options open to you.

1. You can transfer to another government project of the same employer or (2) another government project of a different sponsor if the current project has been completed.

3. You can also transfer to the general file of the current sponsor.

It is worth noting that there is a fee of KD 300 for transfer from one government project on as completion to another government project which has a different sponsor.

On the other hand, if you want to transfer to another government project of the same sponsor, the fee is KD 200.

You can also pay KD 350 to transfer your work permit to the main file of the same sponsor. Under this scenario you could ultimately, land if the sponsor has no objection, in a private sector company in this way.

Kindly send your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com or admin@arabtimesonline.com
Kindly go through our archives and refrain from sending repeated questions

Check Also

1,600 files of companies working on Govt projects closed for not paying salaries on time

This post has been read 15559 times! KUWAIT CITY, June 17: Public Authority for Manpower …