--------- AMP -----------
Saturday , November 17 2018

Transfer of baby’s visa visit visa to dependent visa

Please let me know whether I can convert the visit visa of my son (2-3 months old) into residency after he comes to Kuwait? If yes, is there any time limit to apply for residency after his arrival in Kuwait?

Name withheld
Answer: First of all, you won’t face any problems in transferring your son’s visit visa to a dependent visa. Although such transfers are banned, exceptions are made for infants — children two years old and under.

So, in your case, when your child is only 2-3 months old you will not have any problems in converting your son’s visit visa into a dependent’s residence.

Coming to your second question, you will have exactly 60 days from the time your application is accepted by the Immigration Department.

During this time your son will have to undergo the medical examination ( as your child is still a baby there will not be any medical tests for him, only he will be checked for the vaccination / inoculation he has so far received.

So, keep that record handy), plus you will have to pay the medical insurance, get the residence stamped and apply for the child’s Civil ID. If you miss this deadline, you could face legal complications which could take weeks, if not months, to resolve.

Email your queries to arabtimes@arabtimesonline.com / admin@arabtimesonline.com

Check Also

New visit visa rule – Parents stay in Kuwait

This is with reference to the new rule on visit visa. I got visit visa …

Translate »